6 DAYS AWAY!!!
Ladies and gentlemen, we are under ONE WEEK away from the start of our first games of the season!! Our 10u and 12u baseball teams, and two of our t-ball teams will take to the fields on Monday, June 7, 2021 for their first games of the season.
Monday, June 7:
Knights Field: Vista Royalle vs Plainfield True Value
Roberts Field: 10u Baseball vs Westfield
Valley Trimble Field: 12u Baseball vs Westfield Gold
Wednesday, June 9:
Knights Field: Oak Grove Farms vs Plainfield True Value
We would like to thank all of the parents and community members who purchased candy bars through the Plainfield Little League this season. We sold out of 108 cases of chocolate in three weeks!!
Due to the continued interest in candy bars, we will placing one more order this week. If you are interested in selling more, or purchasing any, please contact one of the league board members before 3 p.m. tomorrow (Wednesday, June 2).
2020 Season Update!!
Plainfield Little League parents, athletes, sponsors & community members….
We are happy to announce that we DO still intend to have a season. With that said, there will be several changes being made before we can start back up. Our current goal is to begin practices mid-June and play ALL games between July 6th and July 31st. Approximately 8 games (2 per week).
This season, ALL games will be played AT Veteran’s Park in Plainfield!! Due to COVID-19, many teams backed out of our original league and we would have been left with some pretty far away games against much larger schools. By changing this, there will be NO travel for games and parents with children on multiple teams should be able to attend at least portions of each.
We currently have enough players to be able to split teams and play against each other, but we are reopening registration for any kids who may still want to join. We know travel was an issue for a lot of families that had originally said no to playing, so we hope this will help those families as well.
We understand that the change in dates may cause issues for some families, but we hope that the majority of families will be able to make this work. We look forward to seeing all of you at the ball diamonds this summer!
~ Anyone interested in still signing up please watch our upcoming posts for more information.
2020 Season Update!
As you are all well aware of the COVID-19 virus running through our nation, we all have questions, whether it’s about our jobs, our children’s education, or a slew of other things.
That said, we do not have any definitive answers at this point about whether or not the season will still happen. However, we are still accepting registrations until the end of the month for the 2020 summer season, so please get your child’s registration forms in ASAP.
We are still in need of more players for all levels, but especially for the boys’ baseball teams. At this point, there WILL be a team for each 3rd/4thand 5th/6thbaseball, but both teams are in need of additional players.
Should the season need to be canceled, we WILL refund ALL registrations.
Let the fun begin!
Our annual chocolate sales to fund raise for the Plainfield Little League is currently underway. We are looking for individuals willing to sell additional candy bars or businesses who are willing to sell for us.
Each year, several local businesses and community members help us out. We would like to thank all who have done this in the past and all those who are willing to help out now or at a later date.
Funds raised from candy sales go toward new equipment purchases, safety gear, regular field maintenance, coaching, uniforms, and many other items. Each year the league tries to update as much as possible for your children or grandchildren to get the most out of their time within the Plainfield Little League.
If you're interested in helping sell World's Finest Chocolate, please contact one of our four board members: Bree Kotolski, Amanda Mills, Sara Friebel or Tiffany Roberts.
Each athlete/family is asked to sell 60 candy bars (or 120 total per family) each season. There is an opt-out option where families can pay $30 ( or $60 per family). Families are able to sell extra should they wish to do so.
Are you debating on whether or not to register your little one for little league this summer because you’re unsure of whether or not you can make it to games? Do you have multiple kids in multiple different activities, but only a limited amount of time?
Don’t let that hold you back! We have several parents from each level as well as coaches who are willing to give your child(ren) are ride to games and/or practices.
Once the game schedules are handed out (late April, early May….I hope), check to see if there are any games you think you’ll be unable to make and let us know. I’m positive there will be at least one person willing to help out.
We would love to see all of the kids out there as often as possible. We completely understand that not everyone can make every game, whether it’s due to family vacations, jobs, etc. But we want all of you to know that if it is solely due to transportation……we are willing to help out in any way we can.
Equipment Donation & Swap!!
⚾ Do you have old baseball, softball or t-ball bats laying around? How about extra helmets that no longer fit your son or daughter? Gloves that are a tad too small?
If you are interested in donating them to the Plainfield Little League, we would love to take them off your hands for some of our younger players.
I was asked yesterday, by a community member, to consider posting this as she and her family have a lot of equipment laying around that they would like to donate. And I immediately thought it was a great idea. Especially as our children grow so quickly!
If you are interested in donating items, please contact me at email@example.com. We will also look into starting an equipment swap/donation page via Facebook as well.
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR ATHLETES, FAMILIES, & COMMUNITY MEMBERS!!! ⚾
As we get ready to head into yet another season of little league baseball, we would like to provide you with a few updates:
1. Bree Kotolski, Amanda Mills, Sara Friebel, and Tiffany Roberts have teamed up to run the Plainfield Little League program for the 2020 season. Each of us have children who play within the league and want nothing but the best for everyone involved.
2. Sponsorship letters will be mailed to local businesses within the next few weeks. If you own a business and do not receive a letter, but would like to donate this year, please contact Bree. Businesses who donate $250 or more will have a 4’ x 6’ banner with their company logo displayed along the outfield fence on one of our three fields.
3. Registration will be from February 27th to March 13th. No late registrations will be accepted. This allows for us to schedule games and create rosters accurately and ahead of time. Registration forms are available via the Plainfield Little League website or via the elementary offices at both Tri-County and Almond-Bancroft Schools.
4. We are looking to implement a few new things this season as well and will update you as we make further progress.One of which will be the new plans for the T-Ball teams. Our plan is to split our T-Ball teams into smaller groups and have them play against each other every week, which would mean NO traveling for away games! Another possible addition we are looking into is offering a week-long training camp for three-year-olds!
5. We will be looking for umpires and coaches soon as well. If you know of someone who would be willing to be a coach or an umpire, please contact one of the Little League Board Members (Bree, Amanda, Sara or Tiffany). Umpires are paid per game.
6. We will be posting blog posts throughout the season on our website. Some topics that will be covered are: Coaching Tips/Techniques, Catching the Ball, Throwing Mechanics, Hitting Drills, Practice Tips, Fielding Drills, and Equipment Recommendations.
Please be patient with the four of us as we are volunteering our time to help build our program. We will do the best we can to provide you and your child with a great experience this summer.
We hope to make things a little easier than they have been in the past by running the program with multiple people in various positions rather than overloading one person with all of the tasks necessary to run the program.
We would like to thank Rose Schultz for all of her hard work last season as she took on a HUGE role entirely on her own. Thank you so much for all you did for all of us last season. Your hard work and dedication did not go unnoticed. Thank you for staying on to help us get things going for this season!
We look forward to working with all of you this spring and summer!
Bree Kotolski - Plainfield Little League President