As we get ready to head into yet another season of little league baseball, we would like to provide you with a few updates:
1. Bree Kotolski, Amanda Mills, Sara Friebel, and Tiffany Roberts have teamed up to run the Plainfield Little League program for the 2020 season. Each of us have children who play within the league and want nothing but the best for everyone involved.
2. Sponsorship letters will be mailed to local businesses within the next few weeks. If you own a business and do not receive a letter, but would like to donate this year, please contact Bree. Businesses who donate $250 or more will have a 4’ x 6’ banner with their company logo displayed along the outfield fence on one of our three fields.
3. Registration will be from February 27th to March 13th. No late registrations will be accepted. This allows for us to schedule games and create rosters accurately and ahead of time. Registration forms are available via the Plainfield Little League website or via the elementary offices at both Tri-County and Almond-Bancroft Schools.
4. We are looking to implement a few new things this season as well and will update you as we make further progress.One of which will be the new plans for the T-Ball teams. Our plan is to split our T-Ball teams into smaller groups and have them play against each other every week, which would mean NO traveling for away games! Another possible addition we are looking into is offering a week-long training camp for three-year-olds!
5. We will be looking for umpires and coaches soon as well. If you know of someone who would be willing to be a coach or an umpire, please contact one of the Little League Board Members (Bree, Amanda, Sara or Tiffany). Umpires are paid per game.
6. We will be posting blog posts throughout the season on our website. Some topics that will be covered are: Coaching Tips/Techniques, Catching the Ball, Throwing Mechanics, Hitting Drills, Practice Tips, Fielding Drills, and Equipment Recommendations.
Please be patient with the four of us as we are volunteering our time to help build our program. We will do the best we can to provide you and your child with a great experience this summer.
We hope to make things a little easier than they have been in the past by running the program with multiple people in various positions rather than overloading one person with all of the tasks necessary to run the program.
We would like to thank Rose Schultz for all of her hard work last season as she took on a HUGE role entirely on her own. Thank you so much for all you did for all of us last season. Your hard work and dedication did not go unnoticed. Thank you for staying on to help us get things going for this season!
We look forward to working with all of you this spring and summer!